Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

On this day of turkey and football, I ask what are you thankful for?

For myself I am thankful that in 1620 a group of settlers were able to make it after a long and dangerous 9 week journey were able to make it to a new country.

I am thankful that in 1776, an enlightened group of men were able to sign a Declaration of Independence and form a new nation.

I am thankful that in 1789, those same men were able to sign a working Constitution that set forth a nation that has lead the world to freedom and a better way of life.

I am thankful that in 1836, men stood firm in their belief in freedom and liberty at a little mission named the Alamo.

I am thankful for 50 states that work together as one.

I am thankful that because of those acts I am able to sit here and voice my opinion. Knowing that my brothers in arms are standing vigilant around the world to protect our rights to be free.

I am thankful that despite a poor educational system, we are able to sit down and examine the facts and make our own decisions on how we choose to live in a society, that we still have the right to choose for the most part how we spend our money. That we have the right support a candidate of our choosing and one that most resembles our beliefs with out retribution from those who oppose our views.

I am thankful to be an AMERICAN, how about you?




I am watching.

No comments: